Kim Kardashian recently became a mother and as any woman wanted to lose a few extra kilos she gained during pregnancy. If you want to know what she did to lose her baby weight do not miss this article.
Kim Kardashian is one of the many stars of Hollywood trendsetters and. The diet that allowed her to regain her curvy figure after pregnancy is the Atkins Diet. She expressed that this diet helped her lose weight quickly.
What is Atkins Diet?
The Atkins Diet is a very strict diet, divided into 4 phases (the first is the most restrictive) that has a minimum of two weeks. This regime has very rigid rules which are listed as follows;
- You cannot eat more than 20 grams of carbohydrates per day which should come from leafy greens and other allowed vegetables.
- You cannot eat fruit. They can be incorporated from the 2nd stage weight loss phase (only be included melon, strawberry and raspberry).
- Bread is not allowed while no grains or dairy products (except cheese, cream or butter).
- Legumes are only permitted after phase 3 or pre-maintenance phase.
- You cannot eat processed foods or foods with refined sugars.
- You can not drink beverages containing caffeine.
- You can eat all the meat types i.e. poultry, red meat and fish you want.
In general terms, these are the foods that can and cannot be integrated in an Atkins Diet Menu depending on the phase in which you are.
Why Is Atkins Diet Effective?
Well, being a restrictive diet, especially at first, and based almost exclusively on animal protein increases the metabolism and adipose tissues are lost more quickly.
It has been observed that a number of people who have made a diet of these features have also gained control of other risk factors such as high cholesterol and triglycerides.
The Atkins diet has advantages as well as disadvantages, so it is a highly questionable diet.
This diet, especially if you are doing it for a long time, can cause some health problems closely related to important organs such as liver and kidneys. Moreover, some of its users have suffered from constipation during the first phase of diet for the reason that it is a low-fiber diet.
Like any other diet, you need to adapt it to your taste, habits and needs, especially if you have just become a mother and you want to start Atkins Diet regime, which, at first, is a protein diet. Keep in mind that it is always necessary to know how your body reacts, or reacted, to the diet(s).
Restrictive diets can be helpful in losing weight quickly at first, but afterwards it can be harmful to health, so you must be careful and not perform such diets plans for long as they are good and effective for short and quick term goals. If you are breastfeeding, you should watch your diet and do not forget that it is important to consult your doctor first.