SkinnyBitch Diet is a series of books that focuses on “truth about food” methodology. It urges the dieters to change their “way of life” instead of following some specific foods to feel healthy & energized. SkinnyBitch is more of a knowledge guide about food rather than a diet plan. It answers to “What & Why” about good or bad foods and helps the readers in making an educated decision about how he/she will use that knowledge to eat healthy.
SkinnyBitch believes that if you want to be skinny, you don’t have to starve yourself or spend your day at the gym. In fact, you just need to know the real secret of a healthy, sexy and skinny body, the secret that lies in foods you eat every day. The Skinny Bitch Diet Guide, created by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin, is a no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous,. It consisted of 13 chapters and each one of them is important due to the nature of the topics discussed inside. These chapters are as follow;
Chapter 1: Give It Up
Chapter 2: Carbs: The Truth
Chapter 3: Sugar is the Devil
Chapter 4: The Dead, Rotting, Decomposing Flesh Diet
Chapter 5: The Dairy Disaster
Chapter 6: You Are What You Eat
Chapter 7: The Myths and Lies About Protein
Chapter 8: Pooping
Chapter 9: Have No Faith: Governmental Agencies
Chapter 10: Don’t Be a Pussy
Chapter 11: Let’s Eat
Chapter 12: FYI
Chapter 13: Use Your Head
Ch. 1: Give It Up
To be skinny, you have to be healthy which is impossible unless you give up all your bad habits including smoking, drinking and eating.Physically and mentally prepare yourself to quit everything that may harm your health. No doubt, it will be quite difficult for you to quit everything especially when you are more social and love having parties with your friends during which you can’t keep yourself away from beer, alcohol or soda. Remember these things can never let you live a healthy and happy life as they cause a number of health conditions and diseases.
Alcohol, for example, may raise level of blood sugar and destroy your entire digestive system by elevating level of hydrochloric acid in your stomach which in the result become so poor that cant’ proceed the foods. Even some alcoholic brands contain urethane which has been scientifically proven to be an extremely harmful chemical as it cases development of cancer. Moreover, cancer can also cause cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases and infertility issues.
This chapter covers each and everything that you should eat and should not eat at all. Here you will learn about different ingredients and chemicals found in diet soda, alcohol, coffee and caffeine and why they can be extremely dangerous for your health. You will also learn about junk foods and why it is important to get rid of them without wasting any more time.
Ch. 2: Carbs: The Truth
Every woman who is conscious about the role of healthy diets for a healthy body tries to follow the latest trends introduced into food industry and fitness world and the most recent trend is Low Carb Diet. However, the problem with majority of the people is that they don’t bother to know whatever they are eating is really good for them or not.
If you are eating carbs, that’s good because they are compounds of oxygen, hydrogen and carbon and play vital role in energizing human body and brain but are you really eating the right carbs? As there are two different types of carbs called simple and complex.
Simple carbs are made of sugar with no nutritional values and they are released in body too quickly which not just raises the level of sugar in your body but also make you feel hungry. On contrary, complex carbs are mostly fiber which is a great source of getting energy as they supply fiber, minerals, and vitamin and get released slowly in the body.
Ch. 3: Sugar is the Devil
In this chapter, the authors have given much emphasis on compete elimination of sugar consumption from your life as according to them sugar is nothing less than a devil who never wants anything good to you. If you really want to be skinny, you must understand this bitter fact that sugar is the greatest hindrance in your way to get rid of excessive body fat. It is really important for you to know how all natural minerals, vitamins, fibers and enzymes are completely destroyed during refining process making refined sugar one of the major causes of a number of diseases, conditions and disorders such as:
|Attention Deficit Disorder, Dental Cavities, Enlargement of the kidneys & Liver, Excessive Body Weight, Hyperactivity, Hypoglycemia, Imbalance of Brain’s Neurotransmitters, Increase of Uric Acid in Blood, Mental & Emotional Disorders, Weakened Immune System, Yeast Overgrowth|
Ch. 4: The Dead, Rotting, Decomposing Flesh Diet
When you read this chapter, you will realize how unhealthy and unsafe it is to eat flesh of dead pigs, dead cows and dead chickens instead of eating fresh fruits. The side effects of eating such unhealthy foods have been discussed in details and you might be surprised to read that what you are eating, you must never eat. Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin actually criticized “Atkins Diet” by claiming that it only helped you in losing water weight rather than actual weight. As per SkinnyBitch, Atkin diet promotes unnecessary protein consumption, when average american already consuming double than the required amount of proteins.
Ch. 5: The Dairy Disaster
According to the authors, dairy products are not healthy for human body and they must be replaced with other foods. There is a long list of health conditions, infections, diseases and other problems caused by a variety of dairy products which are proven to produce mucus. Some of the problems are listed below:
|Acne, Allergies, Anemia, Anxiety, Arthritis, Attention Deficit Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder(ADHD), Autism, Breast, Colic, Chronic Disease, Diabetes, Ear Infections, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, Heart Diseases, Heartburn, Indigestion, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Joint Pain, Obesity, Osteoporosis, Ovarian Cancer, Poor Immune Function, Prostate Cancer|
Your body needs calcium for which you don’t have to depend upon dairy products as they cause lots of problems, instead you can follow other resources of calcium and some of them are mentioned below:
Ch. 6: You are What You Eat
In chapter 4, you have read how dangerous it may be to eat meat. In addition, authors have also given very detailed information about human cruelty with animals all around the world in slaughter houses. Basically this chapter covers two important chapters which might help you decide whether you should be eating meat or quit it forever.
Firstly, author has tried to convince readers by telling them why body can’t handle animal fat and secondly, the author tried to uncover the facts about the level of cruelty being done with the animals. Animals can feel pain and they must be given the right to live in this world as they are also the part of this planet.
Ch. 7: Myths & Lies about Protein
The authors completely disagree with the common myth that eating massive amount of protein is essential for human body. In fact eating too much protein especially protein of animal can cause great harm to the kidneys and there may be various other health issues such as osteoporosis, heart disease, cancer, obesity and faster aging.
Though, eating too much is not good, certain amount is still essential for human body as protein produces antibodies, hormones, enzymes and neurotransmitters. The best way to get protein are Beans, fruits vegetables, imitation cheeses, lentils, meats, nuts, seeds, soy products, tofu and whole grains.
Ch. 9: Have No Faith: The Governmental Agencies don’t Give a Shit about Your Health
In this chapter, you will learn some astonishing facts about the involvement of high-ranking staff members at the USDA who are in real part of dairy products business and thus they can’t give any decision that can bring difficulties for them and this conflict of interest does not allow them to tell the people truth related to foods industries.
Ch. 10: Don’t Be a Pussy
In this chapter, you will be able to learn the secrets to change and improve your overall lifestyle while still enjoying healthy foods. Here you will learn about a very simple formula which you just have to follow for few months and your dream will come true. In this particular chapter, you will get complete information about nutritional requirement.
Ch. 11: Let’s Eat
In this chapter, you will get various lists which have been compiled separately for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Click each section to display details)
(The below are some of the food items from the long list included in skinny bitch eBook)
- Breakfast Food List
Breakfast is starter of the day and therefore, it should be very healthy and full of energy. If you don’t know the nutritional values of the breakfast, you have always had, now you have an exclusively created list which will greatly help you get rid of shitty foods and start with healthy foods.
- Amy’s: organic tofu scramble (F)
- Ancient Harvest: organic quinoa flakes
- Arrowhead Mills: organic blue corn pancake and waffle mix
- Arrowhead Mills: organic whole grain pancake and waffle mix
- Barbara’s Bakery: Puffins cereal
- Barbara’s Bakery: Shredded Spoonfuls cereal
- Lunch Food List
- Amy’s Organic Soups: black bean vegetable
- Amy’s Organic Soups: butternut squash
- Amy’s Organic Soups: chunky vegetable
- Amy’s Organic Soups: lentil vegetable
- Amy’s: All American burger (F)
- Amy’s: California burger (F)
- Dinner Food List
- A helpful hint: Prepare large batches of staple food items on
- Alvarado St. Bakery: organic sprouted wheat tortillas
- Amy’s Organic: Asian noodle stir-fry (F)
- Amy’s Organic: Thai stir-fry (F)
- Amy’s: roasted vegetable pizza (no cheese) (F)
- Acceptable Junk Food, Snacks and Desserts
- Back to Nature: chocolate & mint creme sandwich cookies
- Back to Nature: classic creme sandwich cookies
- Back to Nature: classic rounds
- Barbara’s Bakery: organic graham crackers
- Chocolove: Belgian dark chocolate
- Country Choice: certified organic sandwich creams
- Condiments, Baking Supplies and Miscellaneous
- Annie’s Naturals: goddess dressing
- Arrowhead Mills: organic blue corn meal
- Arrowhead Mills: organic brown rice flour
- Arrowhead Mills: organic flax seeds
- Arrowhead Mills: organic oat flour
- Arrowhead Mills: organic spelt flour
Here you will also bet monthly menus which are divided in weeks and specific menus for daily basis that covers exclusive food choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Breakfast: Kiwi, mango, bananas & soy yogurt.
- Lunch: Red onions, cubed tofu, spinach salad along with shredded carrots, chopped almonds, garlic & sesame oil.
- Dinner: Tomatoes, garlic, parsley, pasta with zucchini, pine nuts & olive oil.
- Breakfast: Fruit smoothie with a splash of OJ, coconut, banana & frozen pineapple.
- Lunch: All-American salad along with corn, peas, romaine lettuce &BBQ tofu cubes in vegan ranch dressing.
- Dinner: Italian night! Your favorite pasta and tomato sauce with fake meatballs and whole grain garlic bread.
- Breakfast: Fresh squeezed OJ and slow-cooking oatmeal withapples, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Lunch: Whole-wheat vegetable wrap with sautéed eggplant, portabellamushroom, and roasted red peppers served with a smallside salad.
- Dinner: Veggie stir-fry with green peppers, carrots, zucchini, tofu, bokchoy, onions, and garlic served with brown rice.
- Breakfast: Fruit smoothie with peaches, banana, and strawberriesand a splash of soy or rice milk.
- Lunch: Chef’s salad with mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, vegancheese, and assorted chopped fake deli meats.
- Dinner: Fake steak with a baked sweet potato, lentils, and steamed kale.
* There is a complete list of foods from Monday – Sunday for all the 4 weeks in the book.
Bad or Potentially Bad Ingredients
In this chapter, authors have discussed the ingredients which are potentially bad for human body. You will also learn the reasons why they are harmful.
Albumen or albumin
Aminosuccinate Acid or aspartic acid
Artificial Color, FD & C food color
Carmine, cochineal, carminic acid
Casein, caseinate, sodium caseinate
|Fish liver oil|
Lecithin or choline bitartrate
|Monoglycerides, glycerides, (See Glycerin)|
Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
Myristal, ether sulfate, myristic acid
|Nitrates: “Natural sources
|Panthenol, dexpanthenol, vitamin B-Complex complex factor|
Potassium bisulfite, sodium bisulfite, sulfur dioxide
Tallow, fatty alcohol
Urea, uric acid, carbamide
Vitamin D, ergocalciferol, vitamin D-2, ergosterol, provitamin D-2
Scary-Sounding but Actually Harmless Ingredients
Alpha tocopherol acetate
Brown rice syrup
Ch. 12 & 13: FYI/ Use Your Head
In these chapters, you will learn various important things about your day-to-day lifestyle in which you do various things which can be extremely harmful or extremely useful for you. For Examples:
- When you eat garlic and onions, they may make your mouth smell very bad but both of them are really helpful for fighting against the cancer cells.
- When you brush your teeth, it is good but it you do the same for many times a day, this may be bad for your health as the toothpaste you use may contain artificial sweeteners and chemicals.
- People also use beauty care and skin care products which have become the part of everyday use for women but they may also be harmful for them.
- Authors also believe that drinking is great for human body as it helps in flushing out all the harmful toxins from body, however, it should not be overdosed and 8 glasses of water is enough.
- Readers are also suggested to do yoga and it is considered to be a great cardio workout which can be used for hardening, strengthening and toning of muscles.