Banana smoothie is excellent tummy filler. It is an instant source of energy that can be utilized just anywhere, anytime. There are various healthy banana smoothie recipes that are being followed all over the world. Some like frozen banana smoothie, others enjoy healthy banana smoothie recipe with milk. Low calorie banana smoothie is also very famous as it does not affect its consumer much.
Easy Banana Smoothie Recipe
People often ask this question, how to make a banana smoothie. One only wonders what is so difficult in it. How come so many of you out there are still ignorant about this recipe. Well it’s very simple. Here is what you need for a smoothie.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Glass milk or water
- 1 Tea spoon vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
This is what you need to do with a smoothie. Add one crushed banana in milk shake, add a glass of milk or water, and add sugar, vanilla essence, egg and cinnamon in it. Simple as that! Shake well till its texture is similar to what you desire it to be, properly mixed and shacked. There you go; it is as simple as drinking colored water. Some people prefer adding cream to it which is equally good and makes it a much richer drink.
Low Fat Banana Smoothie
- 1 ½ Cup skimmed milk
- 1 Banana (frozen)
- ½ sp. vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ tsp. almond extract (optional)
The only difference between a normal smoothie and the diet one is of sugar. Do not add sugar and egg if you desire to have a low fat banana smoothie. Also it is recommended that children, old age people must not be given an egg added smoothie. Doctor’s advice is always better before experimenting.
Facts about Banana
- There are over 100 hundred different types of bananas in the world
- Around 100 billion bananas are consumed every year, all over the world
- Bananas are ready to use once it is green and hard.
- Too slimy bananas are fermented and should not be used
- Because of high potency of potassium in a banana, it should be consumed within 2 days time after plucking it from a tree
- Banana carries amino acid that boosts ones energy level instantly.
- It makes a good combination with mangoes.
- Uganda and America are the largest banana consumers in the world. Since it gives instant energy, most of the office goers prefer eating a banana in the morning.
- In India, banana is used as a proper food. It is used in curry and is also consumed with rice
- Banana is very good to toddlers. Mashed banana is good for their growth.
Now we know how important banana is for out health. Banana smoothies can help refresh you in seconds. It is a rich food for people of all ages. Banana smoothie with toppings like strawberry, jelly, cream and even potato chips look very good to eat. Adding a banana or two in your daily diet will help you remain healthy and young for years to come.