Using a tub transfer bench is quite a relaxing activity. The bench is a great seat, all of you need to sit on the bench and take a shower. This bench is suitable for those who have physical disabilities and injured. It’s quite another obstacle when you are using a shower bench at the time of the bath. Meanwhile, a patient must need a relaxing and comfortable environment. When you use the tab transfer bench then you can easily experience with good and feel the comfort level.
Provide a Point of Safety Level:
Safety always comes first. The showering bench can provide safe and relaxed in the bath. The main purpose of using transfer bench is only the safety level.If you have the mobility and balance problem, then it is better to sit down instead of taking a bath while standing in a web tub. Additionally, if you have pain or vision issue then it is quite safe to consider only shower tub bench.
However, the shower bench can easily accommodate those who face difficulties in lifting their legs come in and out in the tub. For a better position or creating stability while showering, it is important to use high-quality shower bench. You can enjoy your bath as well as experience with the best when you use this bench as a better or caregiver.
Features of Using Transfer Bench:
The main element of comfort during the bath is a chair, seat or stool. By design, it resembles a small sit-down shower. The transfer bench is a device that greatly simplifies the acceptance of water procedures by a disabled person. The seat provides comfortable placement and fixation of a person to protect against possible injury.
You can get the most diverse types of chairs and bath seats. It allows you to choose a suitable accessory depending on the requirements and possibilities. The shower bench must be selected according to the parameters of the disabled person.Make sure that you are using a suitable transfer bench because
- This transfer bench is composed with comfortable padded extra-large seat and 4 legs, two of which are placed inside the bathtub.
- The padded plastic seat is divided into two parts to facilitate the flow of water.
- At the end of the feet, non-slip plastic tips allow the transfer bench to remain stable.
Steps of using a transfer bench
- First, stand with the help of a bench, after that touching back and stable yourself with the help of your hand. Then sit slowly and control everything easily. Do not flop down from the transfer bench.
- Second, scoot back with the help of both legs that is still outside the tab.
- Third, at one time, lift one leg. Don’t lift both legs suddenly. However, your helper can here to help you as well.
- Forth, position yourself that you can feel comfortable while sitting on the seat at the time of bathing.
- Fifth, then you finished your shower, first try to dry your feet with the help of towel that is available outside the tab.
Why it is important to use Bath chair and transfer bench?
People with disabilities do not feel helpless and can adapt to the modern world, engineers have developed a number of different devices, such as transfer benches, boards, stairs, etc. In order for a disabled person to take a bath and wash, you need to create a safe environment.
First of all, the floor always dry and non-slip. To limit the ingress of water to the floor, you must purchase a special waterproof shutter. The floor is desirable to lay out a rough tile. You can not lose from the list of required tools and bathroom handrails, on which you can rely. For convenience, the bathroom is also desirable to buy:
- Bath chairs
- Replanting board
- Bath Steps
Use of Transfer Chairs and Stools
Before using the chairs, they must be treated with hot water and soap. After purchase, it is desirable to process an additional solution of chlorine. Adjust the height of the chair. The optimal position will be achieved when the leg of a disabled person will be compressed in the knees at a right angle. During the procedure, the buttocks should be in close contact with the surface of the chair to prevent possible slipping and subsequent injury.
By Production material of Transfer bench
These designs are made of various materials, but the most common are plastic and wooden models. Often, products and metal are chosen, since this material is distinguished by high reliability and durability, so stable and durable seats are obtained. They are intended solely for adults. Each material has its own characteristics:
- The wooden bath seat is a good indicator of strength, also important for people with disabilities. Most often, the basis is made of metal in order to strengthen the structure. Wooden planks are attached to such a base, equipped with plastic additional details that enhance the convenience of water procedures;
- Plastic seats, usually represented by cast structures, consisting of special plastic materials. This material is most often used to create children’s products, since plastic cannot withstand significant weight, and therefore cannot be used by adults. However, some manufacturers produce special reinforced structures created from high-strength plastic. They withstand a lot of weight and also serve for a long time. The cost will be much higher than the wooden counterpart. Plastic is not exposed to the negative effects of water, as well as racks before temperature changes.
- Metal products, they are formed from special pipes that are joined together by welding. Reliable and stable structures are obtained, however, they are suitable only for an elderly person or a disabled person.
For more comfortable placement it is desirable to put a towel on a transfer bench. Rising from the chair should be very carefully and slowly, as the water, in any case, will be under your feet. You can wipe it off and allow the floor to dry.