Acne has become one of the most common issues for teenagers as well as working professionals. Interestingly both male and female experiences the acne with same level of discomfort. Since it simply doesn’t look good therefore people are often looking for acne treatment and solution. Following is some not-so-common information about fat and fiber role in getting rid of acne.
An apple a day keeps the doctors away. It’s not just a constitution of words but a conclusion of fiber studies also. Fiber is an indigestible food found in the covering of vegetables, fruits and seeds. The functions that make fiber an essential body component include:
- Fiber is an efficient cleansing and detoxification weapon. It flushes away all the toxic components of the digestive tract and blood out of the body.
- It prevents the systems and blood from rotted food. By sweaping all the toxic components or old foods from the digestive tract and liver, it prevents clotting of food in the body which later on, turns into toxic substances.
- A minimal intake of fiber and water can slug the bowels and reactivate the bad bacteria, which then absorbs the hormonal secretions back into the bowels and toxify them.
- Fasting, when followed by fiber intake, can produce optimal body cleansing results.
- Fiber ensures that the bowel deactivated hormones are not absorbed back into the blood. These hormones cause severe distortion in the skin functions and break it out into pimples, and ultimately acne. These hormones can clog into the skin pores and cause extreme acne conditions.
- 1/2 cup of corn kernels – 2 grams
- 1 cup white beans – 8 grams
- 1 cup black beans – 15 grams
- 1 cup kidney beans – 11 grams
- 1 Avocado fruit – 2 grams
- 1 cup brown rice – 3.5 grams
- 1 cup lentils – 15.4 grams
- 1 medium sized pear – 5.5 grams
- 1 medium sized artichoke – 7 grams
- 1 cup peas – 16.3 grams
- 1 cup boiled broccoli – 5.1 grams
- 1 medium sized apple – 4.4 grams
- 15 almonds – 3 grams
- Fats are the energy stores, which supply the energy when you have not taken in sufficient food.
- Fats are active regulators of oxidation. However, fats consume much more oxygen while oxidation than the carbohydrates.
- Fats play the remaining energy providing function which carbohydrates don’t.
- The soluble molecules are absorbed in the body with the help of fats. These include vitamins such as vitamin K, A and E.
- Fats prevent the steroid such as cholesterol deposition in the body.
- Fats ensure better metabolism by vitamin A conversion to carotenes.
- For acne prone skin, fats are extremely important, for they maintain hormonal balance by the production of prostaglandins.
Fiber Intake Estimation
On an average, women need 25 grams of fiber a day, and 38 grams of fiber will perform efficient functions in the bodies of the men. A little fluctuation in these estimates will not harm the body at all, however, too less intake can cause toxification and skin problems, most probably acne. Too much intake of fiber can open the skin pores and make them vulnerable to environmental dirt and bacteria. It can also cause vomiting, bloating and excessive liquid and solid excreting.
Fiber Rich Foods
Apart from these, oatmeal and all foods prepared with whole grains are very rich in fiber.
People run away from fats as they think that fats would make them ‘fat’. It’s just a psychological influence of language, and nothing else. Fats are categorized among the essentials of the body for the following reasons.
What are Good Fats and Bad Fats?
Good fats are the unsaturated fats and bad fats are the saturated fats. Another category, worst fats is put in the category of trans fats. Following is the classification of fats which makes them good, bad or worst.
Unsaturated fats are the fats which are stable at room temperature. The main purpose of these fats is to reduce the cholesterol and high blood levels. These are classified as monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats perform the functions of lowering LDL or steroid or bad cholesterol and increasing HDL or good cholesterol. Monounsaturated fats are better than polyunsaturated fats as the polyunsaturated fats consume the energy of the body for splitting. Another kind is Super-Unsaturated fats or exclusively unsaturated fats. It is the best category which not only maintains the cholesterol levels but also prevent the body from depression, heart diseases, diabetes and arthritis. Among skin problems, it helps fighting acne, clogged pores, psoriasis and many other diseases. Sources include: Omega 3 (superunsaturated) found in fish cod liver oil, nuts and beans, Omega 7 and 9 (monounsaturated) found in essential oils and primarily olive oil and canola oil, cashew and avacado, and Omega 6 (polyunsaturated) found in sunflower, nuts, seeds, soybeans, avacado, salmons and tuna. These all come in the category of good fats, as these are required for muscle and system covering to protect them from damage.
These are the bad fats which tend to be solid at room temperature. These fats are called bad fats as they increase the LDL or bad cholesterol level. However, these are also very important as mineral and vitamin source. Studies reveal that coconut oil and palm oil are one the great sources of saturated fats for vitamins and minerals. The only weapon that makes these perform good functions is that their sensible proportion is taken which is followed by proper oxidation and burning process. Some of the saturated fats are also converted into monosaturated fats in the body, such as chocolates. A balanced intake of 7% of the saturated fats in the total diet of the day can produce positive or neutral results.
Trans fats are the worst kind of fats as they produce only negative impacts in the body. These are the hydrogenated fats, highly efficient in increasing the LDL or bad cholesterol along with a decrease in the HDL or good cholesterol. These fats are the true enemies of a human body. Almost all the processed foods contain trans fats. A marketing research company; NDH conducted a survey according to which the 94% of the moderately educated people has a know-how of the trans fats, and among them, 73% are concerned. However, it is a misfortune that despite all the awareness, people love to take in trans fats due to their sources. A burger with fried chicken patty inside and a bucket full of French fries along with the cold drink is fully stuffed with the trans fats. Now the companies are obliged to write the portion of the trans fats on their packing and products. Dairy products are rich in saturated and trans fats. However, most of the companies hide the actual value of trans fats from the consumers.
Average Fats Intake Estimation
The average fat intake should comprise of 30 to 35% of the calorie intake on a daily basis. The fat intake can be lowered for weight loss purposes, however, an intake lesser than 20% would be severely harmful. Products with a label of 0.00 trans fats do not ensure that the product is good for health. Only raw foods and essential oils can produce the best results.