It has been clinically proven that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can defeat the signs and symptoms of depression. It can alleviate the gloom, fatigue, worry, crying without reason, anxiety, diminished interest in anything, change in appetite, poor sleep patterns or insomnia and sometimes suicidal thoughts of the condition and bring about a happy disposition and positive feelings about the future.
For years now, research has proved that there is a direct link between low testosterone and depression. Low T due to aging can cause depression. On the other hand, there is also a definite correlation between the administration of doctor-prescribed testosterone injections at just the right dosage and the lifting of depression.
Studies that demonstrate that TRT reduces and eliminates depression:
- The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) shared a study that took place with nearly 4,000 older men. The study proved that men with lower testosterone levels were approximately three times as likely to experience depression then men who had testosterone levels that were higher.
- The Journal of Psychiatric Practice published seven different studies that clearly demonstrated that TRT can help alleviate depression. These studies were double-blind and placebo-controlled. There was a significantly positive effect of testosterone replacement therapy in depressed patients when compared with a placebo.
- The Journal of Health and Social Behavior published medical research that suggested clearly that testosterone has positive effects on depression. In addition, this article also discussed how balanced and correct levels of testosterone helps decrease antisocial behavior, risky behavior and unemployment. For better help and online psychiatrists advice click this link https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/psychologists/reasons-to-choose-an-online-psychiatrist/
How Does Testosterone Treatment Eliminate Depression?
Testosterone treatment eliminates depression by replacing the missing hormone in the bloodstream that depletes with age. When injectable prescribed, bio-identical testosterone medications are delivered into the body at the correct dosage, levels become balanced and depression decreases.
Research has shown that men with depression will tend to secrete a smaller amount of testosterone during the early hours of their sleep than those who do not suffer with this emotional disorder. In addition, these findings share that more amounts of testosterone can help a person to sleep well.
It has been discovered that the hormone testosterone mimics anti-depressants by increasing the body’s levels of neurotransmitter B-endorphin. This is a hormone that reduces dopamine levels which are responsible for feelings of sadness, gloom, apathy, irritation and worry. With an increase in low T levels, mood can improve greatly.
Science has proven that there is a direct correlation between testosterone and depression. Studies have proven that when low T levels are increased, depression minimizes or is completely eliminated.
Tips On Naturally Defeating Depression
There are very successful and effective ways of fighting and defeating depression. I would like to recommend one useful source for getting more information. Here are some tips that can help you if you commit to following them on a daily basis. It takes work to win against the doom and gloom of this emotional disorder. However, if you want to win, you can.
- Get into a routine of exercising daily for at least 30 minutes. Not only will this keep you active and out of bed or off of the couch, but heart-pumping exercise releases what are called endorphins. These naturally lift the mood. A psychiatrist out of UCLA shared that exercising regularly can help to “rewire” the brain and can have long-term benefits for those who are suffering from depression.
- Eat right. Choosing healthy foods can help with improving mood. Some experts say that eating omega 3 fatty acids such as what is found in salmon fish and tuna, and folic acid such as what is found in avocado and spinach can help ease depression. Also, watch how much you eat and do not use food for comfort. Becoming overweight can lead to other health problems.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to a cranky, irritable and moody disposition. During slumber, the body heals itself and rejuvenates for the next day. It allows the body to have more energy and improves focus and concentration. Sleep is essential for good physical and mental health.
- Set realistic goals. When you have set goals for yourself, this can tend to give you purpose and a meaning to get up in the morning. Pushing yourself to do things you enjoy is important too. Setting goals and creating a daily schedule can create structure and sense of ease to the mind.
- Testosterone replacement therapy. Studies that we have discussed proved that there is a direct correlation between depression and testosterone and when testosterone levels are low, this can cause depression. If a person is tested with a blood sampling and the results show a testosterone deficiency, they may qualify for doctor prescribed TRT. This can help to improve mood and rid of depression by delivering the right amount of high-quality bio-identical injections into the body with medical supervision.