This is another great recipe for the rice lovers. In this recipe, the vegetable soup has been used, but you can replace the vegetable soup with chicken soup if you like and it would be perfect.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion whites (reserve greens for garnish)
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- A pinch of oregano
- 1 ½ cups of vegetable soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- The reserved green onion tops
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- Fry the onion and garlic in oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except green top of scallion and parsley.
- When the rice is almost boiled, reduce the heat and cover to simmer for 18-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the reserved onions and chopped parsley.
The meal is ready to be served.