Essential oils are generally compounds extracted from plants. Distinctive aromatic compounds give each essential oil its distinctive essence. Once the aromatic compounds have been extracted, they are pooled with a carrier oil in order to create a product that is ready for use. Essential oils are generally obtained through the process of distillation or mechanical method like cold pressing. The oil capture the plant’s flavor and essence. Essential oils are powerful, but only if they contain the active compounds derived directly from plants and not the ones created manually by chemical reactions.
There are various benefits of essential oil because the compounds present in essential oils have a myriad of properties, from cleaning to healing to cooking. When it comes to cleaning, essential oil plays a major role. With purifying and natural cleansing properties, certain essential oils plays in an important role in regular cleaning routine. Not only can essential oils be used to purify air and clean surfaces, but they leave behind an amusing aroma that will immediately make your home feel sparkling and refreshed. You can buy oils online of different kinds to keep your home floor clean throughout the year. However the best five essential oils among them are as follows:
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Essential Oil is derived from the Australian native plant “Melaleuca Alternifolia”. It has an anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, antiseptic and disinfectant characteristic. It is a must essential oil that one should have. Its purifying and germ destroying properties make it a dominate addition to homemade cleaners. Moreover, its skin soothing effect helps in curing rashes and owies. Tea Tree Essential Oil also helps in keeping spring and summer bugs away. The ways to use Tea Tree Essential Oil are as follows:
- Apply a single drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil on skin rashes to stop itching and faster recovery.
- Apply a single drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil near the ear to cure ear infections.
- Apply a single drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil to cleaning sprays to kill germs.
- Apply a single drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil to surface cleaning chemical to kill germs and bacteria on floor.
Grapefruit essential oil is extracted from the peel of grapefruit and not its pulp or flesh. It is also an anti-bacterial essential oil. Generally it is added to vinegar based cleaning products. The benefit is that the citrus of grapefruit helps to balance the sour smell of vinegar. Grapefruit Essential Oil can be added to surface cleaners, glass cleaners, mop water etc. to get that citrusy freshness. The benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil are:
- It acts as an environment detoxifier.
- It acts as a body detoxifier.
- It helps to disinfect the refrigerator or countertops.
- It acts as a powerful body cleanser.
- A single drop of Grapefruit Essential Oil when added to room fresheners fills up the room with the essence of citrus.
- Adding two or three drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil in the morning drinking water helps in weight loss.
Lemongrass Essential Oil is obtained from lemon. It is an anti-bacterial, but more specifically, it is well known for its anti-fungal characteristic. Fungus and Mold generally grows in damp spots like bathroom, kitchen, basement etc. Adding Lemongrass Essential Oil to the home cleaners helps in getting rid of such fungus and molds. The benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil are as follows:
- Lemongrass Essential Oil is often used as a natural treatment for “candida” which is disease that sticks for entire life.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil has a great essence and helps in reducing anxiety levels.
- Instead of using artificially prepared purifiers that have a lemon essence, use Lemongrass Essential Oil to purify air or to prevent mold.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil is also highly recommended because of its anti-inflammatory properties as it helps in recovery of seasonal allergies by opening up the skin airways.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil when added to dish washers, floor cleaners etc. helps in better cleaning of utensils, floor etc. respectively.
Thus, Lemongrass Essential Oil is one of the best essential oil that refreshes the environment and makes your home fungus and mold free.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil is obtained from the eucalyptus plant. Like other Essential Oils, Eucalyptus Essential Oil is also antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. When Eucalyptus Essential Oil is inhaled, it supports the immune system and reduces inflammation. The various benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil are as follows:
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil has an outdoorsy woodsy smell that is used in conventional cleaning products.
- Due to its anti-microbial property, it can be added to any homemade cleaning recipe.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil is used as an expectorant and thus can be diffused in the air to resolve respiratory issues.
- Ten to Twelve drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil can be added to mop bucket for better floor cleaning.
- Add three to four drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil to the pet’s shampoo to keep away fleas.
Lavender Essential Oil is obtained by distillation of the flower spikes of certain species of lavender. Lavender Essential Oil is generally used for home cleaning, beauty care and while travelling. Lavender has anti-bacterial properties and has a great effect on nervous system. It helps us to stay calm and relaxed. Lavender Essential Oil can be pooled with any home cleaning kit. It is exceptionally gentle and is known for its stress relieving effects. Various other benefits of Lavender Essential Oil are as follows:
- It is natural antibiotic and antiseptic with anti-fungal properties. Thus, it can be used in kitchen cleaners and floor cleaners.
- Lavender Essential Oil is known for its soothing properties. It soothes burns and irritated skin. Moreover it helps to provide head/neck tension relief.
- It can be added to water and sprayed on pillows and linens before bed for its amazing essence and anti-bacterial properties.